ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – Sedgley Park Rugby Union Football Club Ltd
This is just a reminder to all Members that we will be holding our 2020 AGM at the Clubhouse this Saturday (26th September), starting 12pm prompt.
We would welcome as many Members as possible at the meeting so we can not only inform you about the last year, but also where we currently stand with COVID and where we are going for the future. To encourage you to attend, our President, Peter Ratcliffe, has offered to but the first drink for all those attending.
After the AGM, the Sports Day is taking place. The Bar will be open and Food will be served, with some live music later. Please stay around and enjoy yourselves, social distanced of course.
• Chairman’s Opening Address
• Apologies for absence
• Minutes of the Limited Company, under the new Articles/Constitution format, held on 2nd May, 2019
• Report of the Company Secretary
• Report of the Chairman of Rugby
• Report of the Honorary Finance Director
• Review and adoption of Annual Membership Fees
• Club Report by Chairman
• Election of Directors. In accordance with the Articles of Association the following Directors retire by rotation:
o SJ Ward, CD Wilkinson and GE Roberts were all re-elected in 2019 and have served 1 year as Chairman, Secretary and General Director respectively and have one year left to serve.
o P Ratcliffe, SR Harrison, DH Smith, RL Wilkinson and D Wild were all re-elected in 2018 as President, Treasurer and General Directors respectively and have served their 2 year term. Accordingly, there are the following Director vacancies on the Board – President, Treasurer and 3 General Directors.
• Any other business applicable to the Annual General Meeting and previously notified in writing to myself Secretary@sprufc.co.uk or c/o the Clubhouse at least 7 days in advance of the meeting
• President’s Closing Remarks
Note 1 – A Nominations Sheet has been posted on the Notice Board in the Clubhouse and all bona fide nominations for the vacant positions are welcomed. We appreciate that not all members are visiting the club at this time, so if you wish to nominate yourself for a position, please email Secretary@sprufc.co.uk, including the name of a proposer and seconder. This must be done at least 7 days prior to the AGM.
Note 2 – The Financial Report for 2019-20 is now available and will be presented at the AGM. If anyone wants to review this before the meeting please request a copy from Chairman@sprufc.co.uk.
Please be punctual as it is in everybody’s interests that the meeting starts on time.