From Monday, the COVID Lockdown rules are eased and we are able to open up, in a limited way, indoors. Whilst complying with COVID restrictions, we are going to hold the 2021 AGM at the Clubhouse on Saturday 22nd May at 1pm. This notice is a little late going out as we have had to wait for confirmation that we are OK holding this event under COVID rules. We are not giving the required 14 days notice of this AGM, but will go ahead unless anyone has a legitimate reason against this. If so, please contact the Secretary on email@example.com. The AGM Calling notice is below:
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – Sedgley Park Rugby Union Football Club Ltd
In accordance with the Articles of Association, the Board of Directors hereby give formal notice that the Annual General Meeting of Sedgley Park Rugby Union Football Club Ltd will be held in the Clubhouse on
Saturday 22nd May, 1 p.m. PROMPT
- Chairman’s Opening Address
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes of the Limited Company, under the new Articles/Constitution format, held on 26th September, 2020.
- Report of the Company Secretary.
- Report of the Chairman of Rugby.
- Report of the Honorary Finance Director.
- Review and adoption of Annual Membership Fees.
- Club Report by Chairman
- Election of Directors. In accordance with the Articles of Association the following Directors retire by rotation:
SJ Ward, D Bulcock and GE Roberts were all re-elected in 2019 as Chairman, Secretary and General Director respectively have served their 2 year term. Accordingly, there are the following Director vacancies on the Board – Chairman, Secretary and 1 General Director.
P Ratcliffe, SR Harrison, DH Smith, RL Wilkinson, D Wild and Stuart Noakes were all re-elected in 2020 as President, Treasurer and General Directors respectively and have one year left to serve.
- Any other business applicable to the Annual General Meeting and previously notified in writing to myself Secretary@sprufc.co.uk or c/o the Clubhouse at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
- President’s Closing Remarks
N.B. – A Nominations Sheet has been posted on the Notice Board in the Clubhouse and all bona fide nominations for the vacant positions are welcomed. We appreciate that not all members are visiting the club at this time, so if you wish to nominate yourself for a position, please email Secretary@sprufc.co.uk, including the name of a proposer and seconder. This must be done at least 7 days prior to the AGM.
Please be punctual as it is in everybody’s interests that the meeting starts on time.