At the last Board Meeting of the Club Executive Committee, we discussed the possibility of employing a full-time Director of Rugby Development for the Club. We are delighted to inform the Members and Supporters of Sedgley Park that we have offered this role to our current 1st XV Head Coach, Scott Barrow, and he has accepted this marvellous opportunity.
The full specification for the role is currently being worked on with Scott and the other stakeholders, but his initial role will include:
- 1st Team role, as at present, requiring 10 hrs / week
- Working alongside 1st Team Manager, regarding first team recruitment and budgets.
- Engagement with all senior teams to ensure participation and development of at least 4 Men’s Teams and 1 Women’s Team
- Succession plan of players within the Junior and Senior Colts, building relationships with current and future Colt’s coaches and producing an enduring Player Pathway Plan.
- Coach development opportunities for Youth, Colts, 3s and 4s coaches. Identify good coaches and help to further develop. Help with Coaching standards and improvement throughout the Club.
- Assist with the current sponsor’s experience at game day and other club events, liaising with the Sponsorship and Marketing Teams.
As a Management Team we are very excited about this appointment and are certain it will improve the whole Rugby experience for our Players and Supporters here at Sedgley Park. I am sure you will all get behind Scott and work with him to make our Club stronger.
Welcome on board Scott.